Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays from Dayton Road Brewing


Since Dayton Road Brewing didn't send out Christmas cards this year, I wanted to take a moment to wish all of my readers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Dayton Road Brewing had a very successful year. Over 100 gallons of beer was brewed this year, and most of that you all assisted in drinking. Sure we had a couple odd batches, but for the most part, some decent drinking beer was made and enjoyed. I learned a lot (thanks to the Muskrat Mashers) and am ready for another year of brewing.

Some of my favorites this year included:
- Maibock (gone in less than 2 weeks)
- Bourbon Brown Ale
- Belgian Pale (another that didn't last long)
- Gumball Head Clone
- Blonde Ale
- 36th Anniv. IPA
- Hoppy Brown Ale
- Holiday Old Ale
- Hefe

I did learn a real obvious one this year; the more you do it, the better you get at it. Sure, it's an old saying, but it really holds true in this hobby. You learn from mistakes, drink them, and keep on forging forward correcting, learning, brewing and enjoying the results.

Thanks to all of my loyal DRB patrons and to those I've bugged this last year for advice. Special thanks to my wife for tasting every single batch I've ever made. The faces she makes on the hop bomb beers is priceless.

Again, happy holidays and happy brewing in 2010!
www.daytonroadbrewing.com

No comments: