Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Belgian Pale Ale 2010


I made a Belgian Pale Ale last year and really loved it. It's basically a Pilsner grain based beer, lightly hopped, with a nice Belgian yeast flavor to it. I put together a different recipe this year. I think I do like last years better, but wow this is good. A pretty well balanced beer with just the right amount of hops and that familiar Belgian sweet fruity taste to it that I love so much this time of year. I ended up saving the yeast from this, and will be using it again to possibly make the same beer or make a variation of the same recipe.

Belgian Pale Ale 2010
Fermentables
11.20 lb German Pilsner Malt
0.75 lb US Caramel Munich 60L Malt
0.25 lb Belgian Biscuit Malt

Hops
1.33 oz. - Kent Golding 4.5% - 60 min
.30 oz. - Kent Golding 4.5% - 0 min (turn off)

Yeast
Wyeast 3255 Belgian Ardennes

OG: 1.068
FG: 1.009
ABV: 7.9%

Again, I can't say enough about this beer. Love it. I have a feeling this beer will go pretty quick, though I'm going to try to pace myself with it. The DRB is a bit low on beers right now, so this one has to last a little while!!

No comments: