Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rackin the oatmeal

I woke up really early today for some reason, and decided to do some beer work. I cleaned up the bar some (lot's of empties and empty glasses from this past wknd). I also racked the oatmeal. The yeast cake on the bottom was probably the biggest I've ever seen.. it was hard getting out of the carboy! Pretty weird looking too, if you can imagine how that looked dumping it in the toilet. :p I gave the beer a taste, and I think it's going to be a good one. I'm going to let it sit for a week or two, then bottle most of the batch. I haven't decided how much I'm going to bottle, possibly all of them. Opening day will be St. Patricks weekend.

1 comment:

brYan said...

well, the yeast had a lot to feast on ... all that sugar from the grains. is this the batch you kept in a warmer location - maybe that made the yeast more active. should be good and hearty! Can't wait until St. Pats! you may have to let me sneak a taste before then ... what do you say???